Most Sought After Biology Notes

Most Sought After Biology Notes

monthly poster

Thursday, 27 March 2014

Learning With Ease - Protein Digestion

In Nutrition chapter (Bio F4), we know that 3 food classes need to be digested (carbohydrate, fat, & protein). Exam question would ask you how they are digested, absorbed, & assimilated into the human body

I learnt that most students having difficulties in learning this subtopic. That is because it is learnt organ by organ (mouth - stomach - duodenum - small intestine) which involves a lot of confusing enzymes & processes.

The best way is to learn by food class instead of organs. Hence, today we shall focus on one food class which is protein - specifically, protein digestion. The note is given below for your leisure:


As you can see, this note is much easier to apprehend. Here are the 2 main points you can make out of it:

1. 3 sites are specific for protein digestion - stomach, duodenum, & small intestine.
2. 3 enzymes involved in 'cutting' the substrate from big chunk of protein into tiny-winy amino acids.

Now you know already the 3 enzymes, let's have fun with them:

The 3 enzymes are like 3 best friends - with Pepsin the eldest & Erepsin the youngest. 

These are the fronts of fame :

for the legendary oldtimers...
for the shy girls with silent crush...
for our furry feline friend...
and for the total bada** guys out there!

RESPECTO.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I realize this is sort of off-topic but I had to ask.
    Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a
    large amount of work? I am completely new to operating a blog
    however I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start
    a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and thoughts
    online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.

    Appreciate it!

    My web-site schwindel, ,

    ReplyDelete