|"This ball is the Adidas Impulse"|
1. Location: right atrium.
2. Function: As pacemaker (perentak) (because it initiates impulse transmission) & causes atria to contract.
3. Send impulse to AV node.
4. No specific means to distribute impulse.
5. Connected to 2 nerves:
a. parasympathetic nerve - reduce heartbeat rate (P for parasympathetic - P for Pelan-pelan...)
b. sympathetic nerve - increase heartbeat rate - (S for sympathetic - S for Speed up)
1. Location: between atria & ventricles
2. Function: receive impulse from SA node & cause ventricles contraction.
3. Have 2 specific means to distribute impulse in ventricles:
a. bundle of His - the "main highway"
b. Purkinje fibre - the "small roads"