Q: Discuss the colonization and succession process occur in a pond.
TEP is defined below:
We already know that the colonization & succession series in a
Para. 1: PIONEER SPECIES
Para. 2: THE SUCCESSOR SPECIES
Para. 3: COMMUNITY CLIMAX
By using the TEP technique, your answer would be perfect, just like below:
- First, the pioneer species (TERM) such as the submerged plants like Hydrilla (EXAMPLE) is first to inhabit the pond.
- They are also the first to colonize the pond. (PROCESS 1)
- Their dead substances would make the pond shallower. (PROCESS 2)
- This would make the pond not suitable for them. (PROCESS 3)
*Use the same TEP in the following paragraphs...
THE SUCCESSOR SPECIES
- Later, they are succeeded by the successor species such as the floating plants like water lily.
- Their dead substances also would make the pond shallower.
- This would make the pond not suitable for them.
- They are replaces by another successor species such as the emergent plants like common reed (lalang air).
- Again, their dead substances would make the pond shallower and completely covered with sediment.
- Again, this would make the pond not suitable for them.
THE COMMUNITY CLIMAX.
- New terrestrial plants such as the shrubs will grow the sediment.
- Eventually, the forest will be formed and climax community is reached.
-so your sentence should be KISS (keep it short and simple).
If you having trouble in remembering the points, just use the TEP as your guidance to answer this type of question.
For this year, it is highly anticipated that the topic regarding colonisation & succession in mangrove swamp might be on the paper. Now, get busy constructing your answer using TEP. If you have time, send to me personally so I can check them.