Q: Discuss the role of effectors in regulating the body in cold environment/temperature
See the girl above. You can see she's cold. Too bad we are not there to warm her up, oppsss! :-p
Her cute face is pale, creamy as milk...
If you look closer, her body hairs stand, waiting to be caressed...
She is shivering, waiting to be hugged...
Her eyes are wide, as they are fixed upon yours... waiting for your kiss...
Sound like your ideal future girlfriend, am i right boys?
All her four conditions are the effect of effectors in order to keep her warm. Let's discuss them for the SPM...
1. SKIN CAPILLARIES SMOOTH MUSCLE (1m)
- undergo VASOCONSTRICTION - blood vessels' size SHRINK - less blood goes to skin - avoid heat release via skin to conserve heat - pale cute face (1m)
2. ERECTOR MUSCLE CONTRACTS - HAIR STANDS (1m)
- hair stands to entrap a thin layer of heat around skin - keep body warm (1m)
3. SKELETAL MUSCLE CONTRACTS INVOLUNTARILY (1m)
- cause SHIVERING - generate FRICTION in muscles - generate HEAT (1m)
4. THYROID & ADRENALINE GLAND BECOMES ACTIVE (1m)
-releasing thyroxine & adrenaline hormones - to INCREASE BODY METABOLISME - generate more body heat - eyes wide open & alert! (1m)
Ice demon is now exorcised. Next, we talk discuss about the heart of Biology (Dynamic Ecosystem & Endangered Ecosystem).